We are looking for that right hand woman, dedicated to our mission of empowering women to take control of their finances. Brooklyn Plans (BKP), an organization dedicated to helping today’s women gain clarity and balance with their finances, is seeking a paid part-time administrative assistant in its Brooklyn location to help complete various administrative and client service tasks.
Are you the kind of person who notices when a comma is missing in an article you read? Do you like organizing complex sets of information so that it is neat, orderly and even appealing to the eye? Do you proofread everything you write three times before hitting the send button on gmail (because you do use gmail), even if it’s just a quick note to your mom? Do you anticipate problems before they happen and find yourself lending your umbrella to friends and coworkers who didn’t check the weather that morning? Do people go to you to plan their parties and functions because they know you’ll think of everything, even a friend’s favorite color for the balloons and people will have a great time? If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be just right for this position: a detail-oriented careful thinker who is 110% on top of things to be my right-hand woman. You know the answer before I ask the question. You’ve already scheduled the appointment I wanted to ask you to schedule. Your answer is “I took care of it already” or “I’m on it.” And sure, everyone makes mistakes, but you’re so careful you don’t make them very often. If this describes you, then you are the person I need!
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Financial Planner in the areas of administration, operations and client service. These functions include: scheduling client appointments, data entry, email system management and client correspondence via email and phone, social media and content management, picking up or dropping off packages, overseeing billing of clients, making copies, scanning documents and other assorted administrative tasks.
Additional responsibilities in other areas may be required, as needed, such as some personal assistant tasks like scheduling personal appointments or running errands. Professional training to be provided by employer. The position is currently 5-10 hours per week with the opportunity for growth.
- Ensure timely and thorough completion of all client paperwork documents involved in the onboarding of new clients: intake forms, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Learn and utilize client relationship management database (Wealthbox) to check and complete tasks, manage sensitive client information and complete workflow components.
- Learn and utilize the established Brooklyn Plans (BKP) workflows for various tasks and components of the financial planning process from leads to clients.
- Oversee the emails, correspondence and scheduling of new leads, as well as new client appointments.
- Help coordinate, plan, and promote client events and seminars.
- Accurately track tasks and time management to provide feedback to the advisor.
- Keep the BKP Procedures Manual up to date with updates to procedures in place as the assistant identifies changes.
- College Degree
- Must have a friendly demeanor, and a positive attitude about the work and remain calm and collected under deadlines or times of increased business and activity
- Attention to detail is a must, including the ability to prepare and complete forms thoroughly and accurately
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and capability to learn a client management database, financial planning software and other proprietary applications.
- Familiarity with a CRM system is strongly desired, and with Wealthbox is preferred
- Familiarity with the software BKP uses is highly preferred: Square, Mailchimp, Dropbox, HelloSign, Wix & Wealthbox
- Ability to “think outside the box” to handle a situation or challenge and resolving problems to their completion.
- Ability to balance being a self-starter with getting help as needed. For example, being independent enough to resolve issues with software through Google and the software help sections is important. Also knowing not to guess at a task that may be done incorrectly is important.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Act and dress in a professional manner.
- High Proficiency in Excel
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have interest in personal finance and feel passionate about empowering today’s women to be empowered and confident money managers
- Proficient in use of social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Work in a growing entrepreneurial environment of an up and coming business that has been featured in New York Times, Forbes and the Wall Street Journal for its work with clients
- Flexible scheduling
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
***People of color, women & those of all genders, religious & ethnic backgrounds encouraged to apply***
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years
Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, with the subject “I’m a women’s wealth warrior!”